No mountain bike fork has epitomized success more than SID. Gold in every Olympics since 2000. More major international race wins than any other fork. An unwavering dedication to light weight, precision, performance and speed. A fierce commitment to competition. From its dedicated, 100 millimeter travel-specific chassis, damper and air spring, to its precise steering characteristics, and its every-gram-counts attitude — each element of SID’s design is focused on winning. Because whether it’s a gold medal on the line or simple bragging rights, SID’s sole purpose is success.
ALL NEW SID, FOCUSED ON XC
- SID evolved over the years: new wheel sizes, new travel options
- Trail (120mm) bikes used to be lightweight XC bikes, perfect for SID.
- Trail category has moved to more aggressive specs like Pike and Revelation on 120mm bikes
- Bring SID back to its roots: Superlight Integrated Design
- Focus on SID’s main intended use: XC racing
100MM MAX TRAVEL PLATFORM
- Shorter and lighter upper tubes and air shafts
- Air spring optimized for 100mm—no need for pre-installed tokens and maintains tune-ability
- Knocked out magnesium dropouts
- Easier to hit stiffness requirements at 100mm with less material in lower than with a longer travel fork. No compromise.
- Result: Lighter weight
- Almost 100g lighter than previous SID
TORQUE CAP COMPATIBILITY
- All SID forks are Torque Cap compatible: 15×100 and BOOST (15×110)
- Torque Caps provide a larger interface between the hub and fork, with additional stiffness over a standard end cap
- All SID forks are compatible with standard end caps
Nieuwe Solo Air-veer
- Meer lineaire veercurve om een breder gewichtsbereik van rijders tegemoet te komen;
- in te stellen met Bottomless Tokens;
- Jounce bottom-out bumper – dezelfde als bij de RS-1, wat de vork een gevoel geeft dat de veerweg eindeloos is;
- opgewaardeerde seals – materiaal met een lagere wrijving en betere prestaties bij lage temperaturen (zullen eveneens in de Reba, Revelation, RS-1 en Bluto-voorvorken gebruikt gaan worden).
NEW SOLO AIR SPRING
- More linear spring curve to suit a broader range of rider weights.
- Tuneable with Bottomless Tokens
- Jounce bottom-out bumper—same as RS-1—bottomless feel
- Updated seals—lower friction material and better performance at lower temperatures (also in Reba, Revelation, RS-1, and Bluto)
NEW SID CHARGER DAMPER MODELS
SID WORLD CUP AND RLC MODELS FEATURE AN ALL NEW CHARGER DAMPER
- Fully bled bladder cartridge damper
- Two-position “open” and “lock”
- Compression adjust in the “open” position
- “Lock” position tuned with high lockout force
- Factory tuned high-speed compression circuit
- Beginning stroke rebound adjust with factory tuned Rapid Recovery™
NEW SID: IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Maxle™ Ultimate is standard for AM models (Maxle™ Stealth on OEM models)
- Tool-free brake hose guide
- New control knobs and air cap
Retail: july 2016.
Weight: from 1366 g (SID World Cup).
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- New SID is solely focused on XC
- All-new SID chassis drops weight and adds stiffness
- Charger Damper™ with Rebound, Lockout and low-speed compression adjustment
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Carbon-fiber Crown Steerer Unit – light and stiff
- XC-tuned Charger Damper™ – RockShox’s highest performance damper
- More tuning options with dedicated 100mm Solo Air™ spring
- Factory tuned Dig Valve™ – mid-stroke support
- Weight-saving knocked-out magnesium dropouts
- Tool-free brake hose guide
- Maxle Stealth™
- OneLoc™ remote compatible